Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 65

 Sister Lugo - the current Financial Secretary
 Mexican Independence Day Celebration
 A ride!
 Jeffrey with a boy named Angel
 In the town of Arteaga.  The tree has a craving of a famous Mexican "crier"
Cool picture of the Arteaga sign!

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope you are all doing well! Elder Marin and I had a good 5th week together and we are excited to be able to enjoy this last week together before the changes next week. It's rather strange knowing where you are going to be for the next change before the current change ends. For example, in the Saltillo mission, we are notified of our changes on Monday morning after the changes ends and we have less than 24 hours to pack our bags, clean the house, and say goodbye to converts! It's super crazy and we almost don't sleep during changes. However, changes this week will be way different because I already know my next area and can spend the week saying goodbye and packing so I can sleep next Sunday night! 

I have been thinking about a comment by President Cahoon that was mentioned this morning in the meeting we had as an office staff. He directed his comment to the three Elders that are heading home next week and said, ''Your mission didn't start 2 years ago and doesn't end next week, this whole life is mission to become a follower of Jesus Christ''. 

This comment really made me reflect on my mission and that the mission is truly a blessing to be able serve the Lord and the wonderful people in Mexico and to continue on my journey to be more like Him. I love the gospel and the mission! It is such a blessing to be made instruments in his hands on a daily basis. 

All the best, 
Elder Shipley 





No comments:

Post a Comment