Friday, April 21, 2017

Week 94


Roman Guard in the Easter Reenactment
 Easter Reenactment 
 Painting a wall 
 Painting a house 
 Zone get together in Arteaga
 Secretaries in Arteaga
Out with Elder Damuni and lots of football talk!
 Saltillo Fountain with Elder Olvera


Happy Friday everyone!  
We did a ton of great things this past week! Last Friday we spent our afternoon witnessing a Catholic reenactment of the crucifixion of Christ. There were a ton of people outside the church at the park. It was a great cultural experience!

We painted parts of the fence and house of an investigator on Saturday morning! I got super sun burned on Friday and Saturday morning after painting the house so I am now using sun screen again.  Being in the office helps keep me from burning as often! 

On Sunday, the day of Easter, we had a zone contacting activity in Arteaga. We set up a screen showing an awesome video about Easter that was on mormon.org and invited people to watch it with us! We also went on splits with our district leader Elder Hall. My companion Elder Olvera went to the area of Elder Hall and I stayed in my area with my buddy and future Utah State football player Elder Damuni! We had a blast talking high school and college football for 1 day and 2 nights. I love that guy! 

We also had several great lessons with some of our investigators including Jose Armando, Javier, Michell, and Roberto! I have a lot of faith that several of them will be baptized in the coming weeks!

I love the mission! Thank you all for your support and prayers!

All love! 
Elder Shipley  


No comments:

Post a Comment