Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 18




Dear Family and Friends,
This was an absolutely incredible week!  We celebrated the last mission week of my companion, and past Assistant to the President, Elder Alcala. We had a lot of great experiences and success. He taught me so much! It was really hard to see him go but I know that Elder Vielma, who arrives from Monclova tomorow, is going to teach me even more and help me progress as a missionary!
The focus of this week was preparing Hermana Cinthia to be baptized this past Saturday, October 24th! And even though there were Hurricane warnings, another flood (this one was smaller though!), and the fact that the baptismal font in my chapel would not fill, we were able to endure to the end and helped Cinthia enter the waters of baptism!
It was such a special experience and I had the opportunity to baptize my first person here in Mexico! The members of our ward told us all week that we should be careful because Hurricane Patricia would roll through and we were so nervous that it was going to prevent the baptismal service from taking place but all went well because we had faith in the Lord!
I was very grateful for the opportunity to share the Gospel with this wonderful young mother, only 21, and help her join the church and enjoy all of the blessings that our Loving Father in Heaven joyfully offers us! I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve. Everyday, I learn countless things.
I am grateful for the chance to stay here in Piedras Negras for this transfer and continue teaching this sister to help her strengthen her testimony! Thank you for your love and support! It's crazy that I just finished my in field training and 4 months on the mission! I am officially no longer a new missionary!
All the best, 
Elder Shipley  

No comments:

Post a Comment