Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 24


Right in the middle of the Boarder bridge between Mexico and America!  
 Another Boarder Bridge picture
 Zone Picture before transfers
On the street!


Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was a super great week! We had Stake Conference here in Piedras Negras and I really enjoyed all of the meetings! The Temple President came up from Monterrey and gave a really good talk on the spirit and how important it is in our lives.

I tried Mexican deer meat last Wendesday and it was pretty good! I beat the chicken neck I had a few weeks ago! 

Last night, we were able to watch the Christmas Devotional that took place in Salt Lake in the Conference Center and I loved the talks! Be sure to keep in mind the true purpose of the holiday season this December, our Savior Jesus Chirst and His birth! 

Also, we have Cambios/transfers tomorrow! I will be staying here for another month and a half!!  I was pretty certain my current companion, Elder Vielma, was going to stay and I would leave, but he only has 3 months left on the mission, so he is going to be a zone leader in Monclova and I will stay here!  I don't think the President wanted to take out both missionaries and lose all the progress that Elder Suarez, Elder Alcala, and Elder Vielma and I had done for 4.5 months.  Actually, 12 of the 14 missionaries in my zone staying here too.  I love my house, it's sweet, my area is good too!  

I have no idea what my comp is like. Or where he is from, Elder Vielma thinks he has been out a year but who knows.... Should be good! I am really happy that I can stay here with the wonderful people I already know and spend the holidays with them.  The members are so good to take care of us.   And I really like the other two Americans that are serving in the area next to me, but go to the same ward with us.  We eat together three or four times a week. This should be a good week getting to know Elder Holmes and start working with him! It will be different living with an American!  I have only been with Mexican companions since I got here.  

Enjoy the holiday season, take time and remember Christ in your life. 
Elder Shipley 

No comments:

Post a Comment