Friday, May 19, 2017

Week 98

 Elder Atwood and Jeffrey on the streets.
 Jeffrey and Recardo at church.
 Skype Call on Mothers Day!
 Jeffrey and Elder Ray with the Virgin of Guadalupe
 Jeffrey, Elder Ray and St. Judas
Jeffrey, Elder Ray and a "homie" from Venezuela.  


This week has been pretty good! Elder Atwood and I have been working super hard in the office to get him all trained up! He is learning quickly but we have had so many issues with the business invoices that we have to get and the missionary reimbursements that we do. I guess it is good practice and training for Elder Atwood so he be confident after I leave but it has been a ton of work in the office. 

Today is Elder Ray's last P-day in the office. Elder Ray has been the records secretary since September and has done a great job. We have sat next to each other in the office for the past 8 months so we are basically best friends.  On Monday, he will be heading to a different area and no longer be responsible for the baptismal records and other things but I will sure miss him! We are going bowling soon to have fun for the last! 

The most spiritual moment of this past week was a fabulous lesson about the Restoration of the Gospel and the Book of Mormon with a couple named Felix and Fabiola and their kids. They have so many deep questions about repentance and the plan of salvation! It is a pleasure to teach them and share verses from that powerful, and true testimony of Jesus Christ. We hope they can be baptized the first Saturday in June! 

I am super happy! I love the trio I am currently in.  I told my family on Sunday in the Skype call that this is on of the happiest companionships I have ever had.  We are always joking around and having a blast. I feel very blessed that Our Heavenly Father has given me the chance to serve and to spend time with Elder Atwood and Elder Olvera during the last few weeks. 

Have a great week! 
Elder Shipley 

No comments:

Post a Comment